Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Symetry

And now a moment on the subject of symmetry. An issue this country has been fixated on for over 400 years.

By definition, any shape that is divided symmetrically is divided equally. If you were to take this shape and view it from the top it would indeed appear to be divided equally. However, when viewed from the side, each of the heretofore equally divided sections becomes disproportionate and it appears to be divided unequally...In essence, each new angle from which you view this shape presents a new reality.

And now a moment on the line itself. By definition, a line is the barrier that separates each of the early divided sections.

As I contemplate this shape that I live in I must ask myself:

"Who is it that controls the social, political and economic ink that is the line which divides this shape?"....Moreover, "Who is it that tells me that my people make up one of the evenly divided sections of that shape?"...

.....SURELY IT IS THEY WHO VIEW IT FROM THE TOP...

No comments: